Cusco during the time of the Incas represented the center of the universe and was the capital of a great empire that spanned much of the South American continent. Pachacuteq gave the shape of a Puma to this great city that is currently still a part of its Inca foundation mixed with colonial buildings of the Spanish era. Walk, explore and visit some of its museums while learning more about this historical city that is considered among the 10 most beautiful in the world.
- Walking tour in Cusco
- Visit the Inca Museum
- Visit the San Pedro market
- Explore Machu Picchu
By booking this trip, you will be helping provide a special Christmas breakfast for low income children in Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO – WALKING TOUR
You decide what time you would like to arrive in the morning to the city. We will be ready with our transportation to give you the warm welcome to the navel of the world (Cusco). We will drive you to your hotel to have part of the morning to take a rest and become acclimated with the altitude. In the afternoon, we will take a walking tour of the main areas of the city of Cusco and places comprising the historic center taking stops in the main square of the city, 12 angled stones street, the neighborhood of San Blas and visit the San Pedro market. At the end of the afternoon we will return to our hotel to rest.
DAY 2: CUSCO - INCA MUSEUM - MONUMENT INCA PACHACUTEQ
At 9:00 am we will pick you up for a visit to the Inca Museum, which is located on the side of the Cathedral of Cusco, this is one of the largest museums in the city and stores 97% of original pieces from the era of empire. We will learn about the evolution of the first inhabitants in the Peruvian territory until the arrival of the conquistadors. Our guide will give us detailed historical context of the site and you will experience the greatness of our civilization. After the museum we will go to the monument of the Inca Pachacuteq which is located a close 20 minutes walk from the museum. We will have the opportunity to climb to the top of the monument for a panoramic view of the city while we will learn more of this great character who was the transformer of the empire and who started all the expansion and apogee. To end our day, we will invite you to join us to taste some local food at one of the typical restaurants in the city to try more of Cusco cuisine.
DAY 3: CUSCO - AGUAS CALIENTES
We prefer to take the train at noon, for this reason we will go to Ollantaytambo at 10:00 am which is a 1 hour and 30 minutes on our bus. We will arrive at Ollantaytambo station to board the train that will take us to Aguas Calientes. On the way will appreciate mountains and some archaeological sites that are part of the network of Inca roads leading to Machu Picchu. In the afternoon, you will have free time to explore and walk around the town of Aguas Calientes. If you would like you can go to the hot springs to have a relaxing time. After dinner, our guide will give you all the details for our exciting day at Machu Picchu and a brief recap of the tour so far.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
This is our Day!!! We’ll catch the first bus leaving from Aguas Calientes at 5:30am to Machu Picchu City. After we enter the check point with our guide we’ll walk for 7 or 10 minutes to experience the panoramic view of the city and depending on weather condition we could see the sunrise. We will explore the city for 2 or 3 hours while visiting the most important sectors inside and listening the wealth of historical information from our guide. After the tour you could explore the place on your own. At the end of the day we will return to Aguas Calientes to catch the train to Cusco.
DAY 5: CUSCO – AIRPORT
Depending on your flight schedule and plans we will transport to you at the airport.Book Now
- Pick you up from the airport and Free walking tour to your arrival in Cusco
- 3 nights in a hotel in Cusco
- 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Professional Staff in English from the Airport pick-up
- Professional guides on all tours mentioned
- Professional local guide for Machu Picchu
- 4 breakfasts
- A typical lunch at restaurant in town
- Visit Cusco cultural heritage of humanity
- Explore the main streets of the city
- Visit the San Pedro market
- Visit the Monument to the Inca Pachacuteq
- Entrance to the places in the Walking tour and Temple of the Sun
- Visit Machu Picchu
- Meals not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Other extras not specified.
- Train tickets to Machu Picchu round trip
- Bus tickets to Machu Picchu Up and Down
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Wear light or tennis shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids in your excursions.
- Raincoat (poncho long) rainy season
- Long sleeve shirts
- Insect Repellent
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Sunglasses, plastic bags
- Medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses)
- A light backpack per person Camera or camcorder and films.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins dollars, euros or soles.