The Inka Jungle Expedition is one of the most popular excursions in Cusco when traveling to Machu Picchu. This trip is a mixture of different heart pumping activities. Start your trip on bikes and run downhill from 4000 m.a.s.l to 1500 m.a.s.l; hike using an original Inka trail and after that take a rest in the natural hot springs. Cross the mountains over 200 meters from the ground on a zip line. Finally, having the opportunity to see Machu Picchu from another perspective and visit the city early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise.
- Downhill from 4000 m.a.s.l.
- River rafting on withe water river.
- Hike into the jungle taking an original Inka trail.
- Enjoy Naturals Hot springs water
- Cross 6 cables on the one of the highest zip lining in Latin America
- Walk surrounding Machu Picchu Mountain
- Explore Machu Picchu city
By booking this trip, you will be helping provide a special Christmas breakfast for low income children in Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO – WALKING TOUR
Our trip will begin in Cusco City with an original walking tour. We will head toward the principal local attractions where your tour guide will show you the ins and outs of the city (i.e. markets, street names, people, Peruvian products, customs, festivities). In the evening your tour guide will give you a briefing about the next four days in the jungle expedition to Machu Picchu.
DAY 2: CUSCO – MÁLAGA PASS – SANTA MARÍA
After breakfast in the early morning, our bus will pick up you up from your Hotel and will cross the sacred valley to Malaga pass (4000 m.a.s.l) arriving to the highest point where you will have a brief safety training before you start biking. We will feel the adrenaline rush while we zoom down 60 kilometers for 2 or 3 hours crossing streams and stopping at view points and overlooks along the way. We will then take our bus to Santa Maria to have lunch. The afternoon is the best moment. We will be jump into the river and take on the rapids for 1 ½ hours. At the end of this exciting day, we will return to our hostel to have dinner and a daily recap with our guide who will provide information for the next day.
DAY 3: SANTA MARÍA – QOQALMAYO – SANTA TERESA
We will continue our expedition to Machu Picchu by walking into the jungle and visiting some local houses to learn more about the coffee production, coca plantation, and different varieties of organic fruits. At this moment we can take our time to relax and taste unique and natural Peruvian flavors by taking one cup of coffee directly from the coffee crops. We will continue our trek by taking the original Inka trail while enjoying the beautiful landscapes. We will stop for lunch and to rest at a local restaurant in the jungle and have a quick orientation and recap of the day with our guide. After lunch we will continue our journey with a stop at the hot spring to relax our muscles for an hour before will take our bus to Santa Teresa to have dinner.
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES
After breakfast, we will get our heartrate pumping by crossing the valleys via zipline using 5 different cables and one suspension bridge. After this we will go to the hydroelectric to have lunch and then have a nice walk through lovely subtropical vegetation. At the bottom of Machu Picchu mountain, we will have the first view of the city from below and finally will arrive to Aguas Calientes.
DAY 5: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Will catch the bus early in the morning to have the opportunity to see the sunrise. After exploring the most important sectors of the city with your guide for 2 hours you will have time to explore this magical place alone. Consider this your own sacred city! At the end of the day we will catch the bus to return to Aguas Calientes and take the train for return to Cusco.Book Now
- Pick you up from the airport and Free walking tour to your arrival in Cusco
- 1 night shared hotel in Cusco
- 2 night shared hostal (Sta. Maria- Sta Teresa)
- 1 night shared hotel in Aguas Calientes
- An experienced professional guide
- English speaking local guides
- 4 breakfasts ; 4 lunches; 3 dinners
- 2 World Heritage Sites visited
- 1 Walking tour
- Visit San Pedro Market
- Visit San Blas neighborhood
- Expedition to the Jungle
- River Rafting
- Zip lining
- 2 bus tickets
- Train for return to Cusco
- 1 litter of water daily during the jungle expedition
- All the entrance tickets
- Backpack waterproof layer
- Loose pants and better long
- Feather coat and waterproof jacket.
- Gloves and skullcap.
- Trekking shoes with thick orm.
- Micro fiber or wool socks.
- Walking sticks.
- Sunscream and glasses.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Original passport.
- Purifiying pills.
- Personal higiene items.
- Torch with replacement battery.
- Sleeping bag.
- Extra Money to tipping guides, cookers and porters.